225 g plain flour
1/2 tsp salt
175 ml orange yogurt (plain will work too)
200 g golden caster sugar
3 large eggs
zest of 1 orange
1 tsp vanilla extract
150 g unsalted butter, melted and cooled
200 g cherries pitted and quartered
1. Grease standard loaf pan or round one (which I used).
2. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
3. In medium bowl combine: salt, flour and baking powder.
4. In second bowl mix together: eggs, yogurt, sugar, extract, orange zest and butter. Mix until well combined.
5. Sift the flour infredients over liquid ingredients and gently fold together until dry ingredients are incorporated. Do not beat mixture.
6. Lightly dust cherries with 1/2 tbsp flour.
7. Mix batter with cherries.
8. Pour batter to cake tin.
9. Bake for about 60 minutes.
10. Ready cake allow to cool in the pan for about 15 minutes then remove and cool completely on a wire rack.
1. In a small bowl add some icing sugar (4 tablespoons)
2. Add 1 teaspoon cherry juice and one teaspoon double cream. Mix together.
3. Good icing should have structure of chocolate ganache.
4. If your icing is to thick add more cream, if it is to liquid add more icing sugar.
5. Spread icing over the cake.